10 Fun and Interesting Facts about Corfu
Our Setting for Escape Into The Blue,
Ladies Retreat, June 1-8, 2024
1. Powerful Ley Lines Cross in Corfu. The ley lines of Archangel Michael and Goddess Athena, creating a hot spot of energy for the possibility of spontaneous healings from just being on the island. You’ll be experiencing and receiving these ley line energies for 8 days and 7 nights … WOWSERS.
2. Corfu is the 7th Largest Greek Island. There are 6,000 Greek islands in total. We will be visiting two additional islands Paxos and AntiPaxos on Day Two. Spectacular!
3. Corfu has been ruled by the Venetians, French, British and Greeks. Evidence of these cultures is spotted everywhere, especially in Corfu Town. The architecture is stunning. You’ll get to see the historical influence and gorgeous architecture during our two days in Corfu Town.
4. Greeks call Corfu Kerkyra. When you are the airport looking for a display sign that says Corfu, it might say Kerkyra instead. Legend has it, that the daughter of Asopos, a nymph (water spirit) was called Kerkyra. She was kidnapped by Poseidon God of the Sea and taken to the island. Poseidon gave the island her name. Remember this piece when you are at the airport.
5. Corfu has been inhabited since the Paleolithic period 30,000 – 7,000 BC. Ancient History and Energy. Also mythological history. We will sail Poseidon’s Seas.
6. The trademark of Corfu is Kumquat Fruit brought from China to Corfu in the 18th Century. You can find kumquat everywhere as liqueur, jam, candies, soap; sweet treats. During our excursion to Paleokatrista, we stop at an ouzo/kumquat factory for samples, YAMAS!
7. The James Bond Movie, For Your Eyes Only, was filmed almost entirely on Corfu. Sun, Sea, Sand and Sailing we are doing it all, making our own movie!
8. Corfu is nicknamed the Emerald Island. Corfu is Greece’s most Green Island with 6,000 different species of herbs and flowers. Corfu is not just sea and sand, it also has beautiful nature and greenery. As we travel around from place to place you will enjoy the green island and small Greek villages nestled in the hills.
9. St. Spyridon is the Patron Saint of Corfu. He is considered to be the Protector of the people and the island. You’ll have opportunity to visit the church during our time in Corfu Town.
10. Everywhere in Corfu there is Music, from traditional to modern. Corfiot’s love their music; singing and dancing. Yes, you’ll hear everything from the soundtrack to Zorba the Greek, hit’s of the 70s, 80s and 90s and traditional Greek music. During our Greek Night of dining and plate smashing there will be music. And be sure to learn the words to Mama Mia. You’ll hear it many times and everyone starts signing it out loud no matter where they are.
All of this is yours to explore and enjoy, when you meet me in Corfu for 8 days and 7 nights of sun, fun, adventure and blue mind therapy. June 1-8, 2024.
Blue Mind Therapy is the state of mind, body and spirit one attains when spending time in, on, under and near water. A Meditative, Feel Good State.
The Corfu Retreat was personally designed by me Esther Bartkiw, to help you to flourish your blue mind, engage in fun and adventure, enjoy rest and relaxation, live by the sea and view spectacular sunsets. To immerse yourself in Greek Culture and enjoy tasty local food and drink. I’ve spent a lot of time on the island and have visited all of the spots on our itinerary. I can’t wait to show you my favourite hang outs.
Get the Details Including a Day by Day Itinerary: https://whispersfromthesoul.com/greece-retreat
Early Bird Pricing In Effect until February 12, 2024 and then the price goes up $400 US.
If you questions about the trip and would like to speak to me about joining us, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the video I created, highlighting many of the fabulous spots we will visit.
See you in Corfu!
Hi I’m Esther Bartkiw, holistic core belief therapist, intuitive and energy reader; entangled with LIGHT. I blend core belief therapy with psychological tips, tools and techniques, spiritual concepts and practices to facilitate for my clients deep inner change which positively transforms their day to day reality.
Access Me Here: https://linktr.ee/estherbartkiw